Dryer Vent Cleaning
There is a hidden danger in most homes today. Chances are you don’t even think about it even though it is a main appliance in all of our homes today!
What happens when you vent is clogged? A dryer with restricted air flow, a clogged vent, runs significantly longer, causing utility costs to rise. This will increase the need for repairs and decrease the life of your dryer. By cleaning your dryer vent, we can help ensure you clothes dryer is both safe and energy efficient.
Signs your dryer vent may be clogged
- Takes anywhere from 2-4 cycles to dry 1 load of laundry
- The outside of your dryer is hot to touch and your clothes are damp and hot at the end of the cycle
- Notice a burning smell
- The vent hood flap outside doesn’t open properly when dryer is running
- Your home is older than 4 years old or hasn’t been inspected regularly
Statistics are important to understand
- In the Topical Fire Report Series, the US Fire Administration’s National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) states that 84% of dryer fires were found in residential dwellings. The leading cause remains the same, FAILURE TO CLEAN!
- 54% of the fires were confined to the object of origin- the clothes dryer