Dryer Vent Cleaning
There is a hidden danger in most homes today. Chances are you don’t even think about it even though it is a main appliance in all of our homes today!
A lack of maintenance is a contributing factor of clothes dryer fires. The U.S. Fire Administration’s most recent study reports residential clothes dryer fires were associated with 12,700 fires nationally, resulting in 15 deaths and 300 injuries annually.
What happens when you vent is clogged? A dryer with restricted air flow, a clogged vent, runs significantly longer, causing utility costs to rise. This will increase the need for repairs and decrease the life of your dryer. By cleaning your dryer vent, we can help ensure you clothes dryer is both safe and energy efficient.
Signs you may need your vents cleaned:
- After or during drying time your dryer is hot to touch.
- The smell of smoke or fire.
- Your clothes take longer than one cycle to dry.
Benefits of vent cleaning:
- A clean dryer can use up to 50% less energy
- Longer overall life of your dryer
- Reduces potential for catastrophic fire.
Dryer Vent Cleaning – Step by Step:
- Technician removes and cleans lint trap.
- Technician takes the measurement of air flow using an air flow meter at the exterior dryer vent.
- The back of the dryer is typically cleaned, as this is where lint can accumulate.
- The dryer vent and flexible ducting from the wall are visually inspected using the video inspection system.
- The HEPA vacuum system is connected to dryer vent duct. Dryer duct auger is run through the duct to remove any blockages.
- Air flow is measured again to gauge improvement before and after cleaning.
- The camera is used again for post cleaning inspection.